Sunday, January 27, 2008

All things new...

This entry is a little overdue, but I still want to share. On December 31, 2007 our family was blessed with the arrival of my niece, Allison. Her timing was a breath of fresh air for our family. We were all eagerly anticipating the possibility of a Christmas arrival, yet God had a different plan. Somehow it seemed right...closing the chapter of the old with the gift of new life.

As I held her I was amazed at how perfect she was. Innocent. Untainted. I was filled with hope. This little child was perfectly planned and formed by her heavenly Father. "My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secred, and skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth; Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; and in Your book were all written the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them." (Ps 139:15-16) I am filled with hope for all of the DIVINELY appointed days Allison has in front of her. I would love to protect her and my little nephews from the harsh realities of life. In my limited time with them I want to anticipate their falls and kiss away their tears. More than anything my prayer is that they will find God in each of their days. "But the land into which you are about to cross to possess it, a land of hills and valleys, drinks water from the rain of heaven, a land for which the Lord your God cares, the eyes of the Lord your God are always on it, from the beginning even to the end of the year." (Deut 11:11-12) As we come to the end of the first month of this year may we know that God is in each of our days. He has already walked ahead of us into our tomorrows...His eyes are continually on us even to the end of the year.

No comments: